Image Map

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Guest Blogger Wednesday {seven}

Welcome to Guest Blogger Wednesday {seven}
Summer is in full force here in Ohio. Although last week you wouldn't really have known it since it was 59 degrees, but besides the dip on the thermometer Summer was definitly in the air.
My guest blogger today lives in a place that I hopefully someday can visit, I've longed for that fresh mountain air and wildlife (minus the bears)!
So everyone, please give a warm Cups by Kim Welcome to
Dawn from DJ's Sugar Shack!!

Hello everyone! I'm Dawn & I like to share my sweet treats over at DJ's Sugar Shack. I'm so very excited to be posting at Cups By Kim today! I love Kim's treats. Anyone that makes these Coca-Cola Cupcakes topped with Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips has a permanent place in my heart. Cupcakes and potato chips are two of my favorite things; combining them is ingenious. I was born and raised in New Orleans; after college I decided to spend a summer working in Denali National Park. Twelve years later, despite the frigid winters and the occasional bear on the deck, I'm still in Alaska. This place has to be one of the most beautiful earth. If you ever have the opportunity to visit, don't pass it up. Today I am sharing Raspberry Cream Cheese Cups. These bite sized treats are so versatile. They are a great snack to have in the fridge to satisfy your craving for something sweet and they would be a wonderful addition to any dinner party or desert table at an event.
I'm sure you've seen these raspberries stuffed with chocolate chips on Pinterest. I thought they would be the perfect match for this recipe.
To make them simply stuff a white chocolate chip into the raspberry. Easy!
I found the recipe for the filling on a Pillsbury Mini Pie Crust box years ago. I've tweaked it a bit to suit my taste.
For the cups you will need:
  • 1 package of Athen's Mini Fillo Shells. These can be found in the frozen food section near the pie shells; there are 15 per package.
  • 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup of raspberry jam, heated
  • 1 oz of white chocolate melted, for dipping
Directions:
  • Heat the white chocolate in a ramekin for about 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Dip the bottoms of the Fillo shells into the chocolate and set on wax paper. When all shells are dipped, place in the freezer to harden while you make the filling.
  • In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar together with an electric mixer. Slowly add the melted raspberry jam into the mixture, according to your taste.
  • Spoon the mixture into the fillo cups
  • Top with stuffed raspberries.
  • Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
I made these last night using dark chocolate for some and white chocolate for the rest. I took them to a small BBQ & they were a big hit. I was amazed at how quickly they disappeared. Many thanks to Kim for the opportunity to share these with you today! I hope that you will come on over to DJ's Sugar Shack and check out some of the other sweet treats I've been whipping up. Be sure to "like" me on Facebook to stay updated on all my baking adventures.

Thank you so much Dawn for stopping by and sharing this beautiful and creative recipe! I know all of the readers are rushing to the store to buy everything to make these. At least I know I am!!
And be sure everyone before you go, that you stop by Sweet & Simple Sunday and link up your projects and recipes! I look forward to seeing what everyone has been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment