Image Map

Monday, August 6, 2012

Chocolate and Vanilla Biscoff Truffles


Random thoughts and a few things about me.
1. Have you ever noticed how those ASPCA commericals always play the most sad music in the background while showing you pictures of animals with the most pathetic faces. Great marketing to get donations.
2. I have fallen in love with Chevron print.
3. I have decided that I am crafty enough to refinish a dresser/buffet for my house. Although I have yet to find the perfect piece.
4. I love old episodes of The Twilight Zone.
5. I have to repeat certain words over and over in my head.
6. I refuse to think that I'm getting older.
7. Biscoff Spread is the DEVIL!!
Okay so enough random thoughts.
That last one...is a complete truth! I swear!
I had never heard of this stuff before I was a blogger. I secretly wish I would have never discovered it because I'm telling you, it is the DEVIL!!!
Jar # 1
I bought jar # 1 about a week ago and decided to try the slightest little taste on the end of a spoon (you know, just incase it was a mixture of terpintine and dirty socks)
I didn't stop at the slightest little taste! Much to my surprise it tasted nothing like dirty socks!
I decided that the only way to make this any better was to try it on toast.
Yeah, that was pretty good too! And Jar # 1 now resides in my desk at work!
On to Jar # 2
Jar # 2 found it's way into my cart yesterday at the grocery. Apparently our local largest chain in america store decided that Biscoff Spread was better placed at the end of the frozen entree section of the grocery than in the spread aisle. Either the stock boy had no idea what he was dealing with or the peanut butter was jealous and forced it out of it's aisle. I just had to rescue some of it from potential freezer burn!
So jar # 2 came home with us.
I decided this time around I was going to do something different with it.
Check this out!
Do you see this?! Do you know what that is?!
Yes!
It's a Toasted Bacon Biscoff Sandwich!
And it was my breakfast!!
And it was fantastic!!!
And I wonder why I look like a whale!
So now that hubby and I have finished almost half of the jar within the last 24 hours I decided I better do something constructive with my remaining Biscoff Spread or I was going to have to move on to Jar # 3 to be able to blog about it.
I toyed around with the idea of doing something chocolatey and ooey gooey,  but then decided to try making truffles.
I'm a cake pop kinda girl so I decided I'd make these the same way.
I just so happened to have some left over vanilla and chocolate cupcakes in my freezer so out they came.
I mixed these up just like cake pops, coated them with some candy coating and a little drizzle of Biscoff and Voila!
They have just enough of the Biscoff flavor to be dangerous!
I made these three different ways.
I did chocolate coated in chocolate.
I did vanilla coated in chocolate.
And I mixed it together and coated them in chocoalte.
Those were my favorite!
I think the plain chocolate cake overpowers the Biscoff a little, so with the vanilla cake marbled in it allows the Biscoff flavor to reappear.
These were so good! And I said "were"! They're gone!
And I'm considering purchasing Jar # 3 when I make a trip to the grocery tomorrow!!

Now these directions aren't real technical. Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of the steps, but I hope that you can figure this out!

Chocolate & Vanilla Biscoff Truffles

Chocolate Cupcakes or Cake
Vanilla Cupcakes or Cake
Biscoff Spread
Chocolate Candy Melts

Crumble cakes into seperate bowls.
Add in Biscoff Spread. You only need enough to help the cake stick together. (I had three standard size cupcakes and I used about 2 tablespoons of Biscoff spread for each flavor cake)
Squish the cake and spread together with your hands until it becomes like a thick dough.
Roll into balls.
Melt chocolate according to directions on package.
Dip balls in chocolate and allow to cool on wax paper.

Was that technical enough for you? Um....now just eat them!!! And go buy some Biscoff Spread!!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, my. These look and sound fantastic! I can't get a hold of Biscoff spread where I live (sob-sob). I need to order some online and when I do this recipe is top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our area just started carrying it so keep your fingers crossed!! If not, definitly worth ordering!!!

      Delete
  2. These look so good, I know they are YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dangerous Kim! Biscoff is awesome. And I hate it too, because after I buy it my clothes don't fit anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! My mouth is watering. It looks delicious!
    throughbetsyslookingglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fantastic!
    Quite sinful and rich - yummyyyyyyyy
    We don't have here biscoff spread but i found a good recipe for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) I love chevron print, too. Makes me happy.
    2) I also repeat certain words in my head, but even stranger, I write them out with my finger onto my leg. I dunno why, but I always have.
    3) Biscoff truffles? Are you TRYING to kill me? Biscoff is my love, but also my enemy. And that bacon sammy isn't doing me any favors (it looks amazing). Want!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, yum. I am going out and getting the spread tonight. Love the post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I"ve heard so much about Biscoff Spread lately. I need to check it out! Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for following me. I always follow back! Looking forward to reading your blog!

    http://www.countrifiedhicks.com
    http://www.facebook.com/countrifiedhicks
    https://twitter.com/#!/MelodyGravitt
    http://pinterest.com/melodyahol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh. My. Goodness! YUM!! I like to just eat the biscoff right from the jar with my finger. Those truffles look wonderful!
    I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award. Come on over and get your button and pass it along.
    http://pintsizedbaker.blogspot.com/2012/08/versatile-blogger-award.html
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I agree with you...biscoff is of the devil!!! I had to laugh when you said the peanut butter was jealous and kicked it out of the aisle. Ours is at the end of a row too:-) Biscoff truffles sound absolutely delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my. Those do look delicious. I'll have to try this, as I have a partial jar of the evil stuff in my pantry. Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete