Image Map

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sinful Caramel Chocolate Cake


I like cake.
I mean, REALLY like cake.
Not that you couldn't tell that by looking at me though. 
I honestly can't think of any time in my life where there was a cake that I didn't like.
Okay, maybe this one time at a wedding there was a really dry piece of white wedding cake with icing that tasted more like the box the cake came in than buttercream, but isn't it disrespectful to not eat a piece of wedding cake. I think it's like bad luck for the bride and groom or something.
I think I read that online somewhere.
These days I like to think that my cakes and cupcakes taste way better than that previously choked down mentioned wedding cake. I love trying new flavors and combining some of my favorites together into different combinations.
As I said before, I'm really not picky when it comes to cake.
But I do have to say chocolate has to be my favorite.
And after seeing this post by Shelly over at Cookies & Cups I was bound and determined to set myself up for a chocolate cake coma. And I knew that this cake would deliver!
I opted to try something a little different with the recipe and it came out AH-MA-ZING! The original recipe is fantastic as written, but I decided to change it up just a little and see what would happen.
So out came the Rolo's and the caramel sauce!
Oh yeah, and the crock pot.
Yep, you heard that right!
The CROCK POT people!!!
And Chocolate Cake Coma was about to be well underway!!!

Now I have to warn you. Please let the cake cool for just a slight bit after you dish it out...it is HOT! And I don't mean like Christian Grey or Edward & Jacob HOT, I mean like mytoungeispermanentlyblisterednowHOT!
Enjoy!!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! This looks incredible, Kim! I would be thrilled if you would swing by my link party. It's brand new and I'm trying to get the word out ;) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A crock pot caramel chocolate cake? Girl, you're my favorite. This looks AMAZING. And since I am anti-oven right now, a crockpot cake sounds fantastical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, the crock pot had to be my favorite summer appliance! Well with the exception of the blender! It's great for those 108 degree days when your face feels like it will melt off if you open your door, let alone fire up the oven!!

      Delete
  3. Hahahahahaha Christian Grey hot! You're too funny!!!! LOVE THIS RECIPE. I can't wait to make a cake in my crock pot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy! I was hoping no one would be offended by that comment! :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh, my! This recipe sounds amazing. I've got to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete